Washington Professionals for the Study of Psychoanalysis (WPSP) was organized in 1980 by a group of psychologists and clinicians. WPSP was one of the first groups to be admitted as a Local Chapter of Division 39 (Psychoanalysis) of the American Psychological Association. WPSP has expanded to an organization where meetings are attended by interested professionals from the wider community, providing study groups, salons, and conferences for more than 300 members throughout the years.
Meetings, Salons, and Conferences are held in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
WPSP offers its members many opportunities to earn continuing education credits (CEU’s) in small study groups, as well as presenting noteworthy, informative salons and conferences throughout the year.
- Attend quarterly salons and/or conferences at reduced rates.
- Participate in Study Groups and earn CE’s
- Form own Study Group and earn CE’s
- Interact with WPSP colleagues at local events
- Have access to the online membership directory
- Apply for Division 39 – Section IV conference grant (Once in lifetime)
- As a student member, attend events at reduced rates or free
- As a student member, apply for Division 39 Scholarships to attend Spring conference (Once in lifetime)
Full members: $35.00 & Student members: $20.00
The qualification for membership is an interest in the study or practice of psychoanalysis. The qualification for student membership is enrollment at an undergraduate or graduate academic institution (proof from your institution is required for student membership)
Membership is for the calendar year.
You can join or renew online by clicking HERE.